SSC JHT 2020 Application Released: The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) has released the notification of the Junior Hindi Translator, Junior Translator, and Senior Hindi Translator for the tear 2020. There is a total no of 283 posts. The Online Application of SSC JHT 2020 was available up to July 25, 2020. The eligible and interested candidates can apply through the official website. For all information about SSC JHT 2020 Application Form, Eligibility Criteria, Exam Pattern, Syllabus, Please go through this article.
To get the fastest exam alerts and government Jobs alerts in India, join our Telegram Channel
SSC JHT 2020
The Staff Selection Commission will hold an open competitive examination for recruitment of Group “B” Non-Gazetted posts of Junior Hindi Translator, Junior Translator, and Senior Hindi Translator for various Ministries/ Departments/ Organizations in the Government of India. The selection will be purely merit basis.
|SSC JHT 2020 Important Links|
|Candidate Login||Click Here|
|Information Brochure||Click Here|
|SSC JHT 2020||Important Dates|
|Application Start||29 Jun 2020|
|Online Application Last Date||25 Jul 2020|
|Last Date of Receipt of Application||25 Jul 2020|
|Last Date of Online Payment||27 Jul 2020|
|Offline Challan Last Date||29 Jul 2020|
|Last Date for Payment by Challan||31 Jul 2020|
|Computer-Based Examination (Paper-I)||o6 Oct 2020|
|Date of Paper-II (Descriptive Paper)||31 Jan 2021|
The vacancies are tentative. Any change in the number of vacancies will be intimated through the website of the Commission. Tentative vacancies are:
- Junior Translator/ Junior Hindi Translator: 275
- Senior Hindi Translator: 8
|Name of the Post||Payscale|
|Junior Translator in Central Secretariat Official Language Service (CSOLS)||Level-6 (Rs.35400- 112400)|
|Junior Translator in M/o Railways (Railway Board)||Level-6 (Rs.35400- 112400)|
|Junior Translator in Armed Forces Headquarters (AFHQ)||Level-6 (Rs.35400- 112400)|
|Junior Translator (JT)/Junior Hindi Translator (JHT) in
subordinate offices who have adopted Model RRs of DoP&T for JT/ JHT
|Level-6 (Rs.35400- 112400)|
|Senior Hindi Translator in various Central Government Ministries/ Departments/ Offices||Level-7 (Rs.44900- 142400)|
SSC JHT Eligibility Criteria
Nationality/Citizenship: A candidate must be either:
- A citizen of India, or
- A subject of Nepal, or
- A subject of Bhutan, or
- A Tibetan refugee who came over to India, before the 1st January 1962, with the intention of permanently settling in India.
Age Limit: 18 to 30 years as on 01-01-2021 i.e. candidates born not before 02-01-1991 and not later than 01-01-2003 are eligible to apply. Age relaxation is as Government Norms.
Essential Qualifications (As on 01-01-2021):
- Master‟s degree of a recognized University in Hindi with English as a compulsory or elective subject or as the medium of examination at the degree level;
- Master‟s degree of a recognized University in English with Hindi as a compulsory or elective subject or as the medium of examination at the degree level.
SSC JHT 2020 Application Form
The Application Form for the SSC JHT 2020 is available on the Official Website as per the schedule. However, applications received without the prescribed fee were not considered and summarily rejected. And, no representation against such rejection is entertained. No other mode of application is allowed. Candidates are hereby informed that the details provided in the Online Application Form will be used for all future references and no modification can be done subsequently. Candidates are advised to be very careful while filling the application form.
Application Fees and Mode of Payment
- Fee payable: Rs 100/- (Rs one hundred only).
- Women candidates and candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes (SC), Scheduled Tribes (ST), Persons with disability (PwD) and Ex-Servicemen (ESM) eligible for reservation are exempted from payment of a fee.
- Fee can be paid through BHIM UPI, Net Banking or by using Visa, Mastercard, Maestro, RuPay Credit or Debit card or in cash at SBI Branches by generating SBI Challan.
How to Apply
- Applications are required to be submitted in online mode only at the official website of SSC Headquarters i.e. https://ssc.nic.in.
- One-time Registration process (as per details at Annexure-III) requires you to upload a recent (i.e. not more than three months old) scanned color passport size photograph in JPEG format (20 KB to 50 KB). The image dimension of the photograph should be about 3.5 cm (width) x 4.5 cm (height). The photograph should be without cap, spectacles and both ears should be visible. The date on which the photograph has been taken should be printed on the photograph.
- Before submission of the online application, candidates must check that they have filled correct details in each field of the form. After submission of the online application form, no change/ correction/ modification will be allowed under any circumstances. Requests received in this regard in any form like Post, Fax, Email, by hand, etc shall not be entertained.
SSC JHT 2020 Admit Card
Admit Card for the SSC JHT 2020 exam will be available on the website before 7-15 days of the exam date. Candidate can download their Admit Cards through login Id and Password. Candidate must carry two-colored recent passport size photographs, admit card, and a valid Id proof with having the same basic details entered in the application form. No, Admit Card will be sent to the candidate’s address through post. The Candidate is not allowed for examination if he does not bear the Admit Card at the exam centres. No reporting late candidate will allow inside the exam hall. They must read the detailed instruction given in the admit card for conduct in the exam centre.
SSC JHT Exam Pattern
The examination will consist of two papers. Details of these papers are as follows:
- Paper-I will consist of Objective Type Multiple choice questions only.
- There will be negative marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer in Paper-I. Candidates are, therefore, advised to keep this in mind while answering the question.
- Paper-II will consist of Descriptive type Question.
|Part||Mode of Paper||Subject||No of Q/Max.Marks||Duration|
|Computer Based Mode||General Hindi
|200/ 200||2 Hours|
SSC JHT Syllabus
- Paper-I (Computer Based Examination): The questions will be designed to test the candidates understanding of the languages and literature, correct use of words, phrases and idioms and ability to write the languages correctly, precisely and effectively. The questions will be of degree level.
- Paper-II: Translation and Essay: This paper will contain two passages for translation – one passage for translation from Hindi to English and one passage for translation from English to Hindi, and an Essay each in Hindi and English, to test the candidate’s translation skills and their ability to write as well as comprehend the two languages correctly, precisely and effectively. The level of the paper will be consistent with the educational qualifications prescribed.
SSC JHT Answer key
Tentative Answer Keys of Paper-I will be placed on the Commission‟s website after the Examination. Candidates may go through the Answer Keys and submit representations, if any, within the time limit given by the Commission through on-line modality only, on payment of Rs 100/- per question. Any representation regarding Answer Keys received within the time limit fixed by the Commission at the time of uploading of the Answer Keys will be scrutinized before finalizing the Answer Keys and the decision of the Commission in this regard will be final. No representation regarding Answer Keys shall be entertained later.
SSC JHT Result
The Result Of SSC CPOSC JHT declared by Staff Selection Commission on the Official Site. The Candidate can Check the result from Official Website i.e. ssc.nic.in.
SSC JHT Selection Procedure
Based on the marks scored in the Paper-I i.e. Computer Based Examination, candidates will be shortlisted, category-wise, to appear in Paper-II. If the Computer Based Examination is conducted in multiple shifts, normalized marks will be used to determine merit.
Based on the performance in Paper-I+Paper-II, candidates will be shortlisted for Document Verification. Final selection and allocation of Ministries/ Departments will be made on the basis of the performance of candidates in Paper-I+Paper-II and the preference of Posts/ Departments exercised by them at the time of Document Verification.
Minimum qualifying marks in Paper-I and Paper-II are as follows:
- UR: 30%
- OBC/ EWS: 25%
- Others: 20%