NATA 2021: The Council of Architecture (CoA) has released the Notification of NATA 2021 on March 03, 0221. The online application is available from March 05, 2021. With the objective of attracting a greater number of bright aspirants for studying Architecture and practicing the same as a profession in the future, CoA like every year will be conducting NATA 2021 for admission to B.Arch. in the academic session 2021 -22. CoA has further decided to conduct the test twice a year i.e. April and July. For more information regarding NATA 2021 Application Form, Eligibility Criteria, Exam Pattern, Syllabus, keep reading this article.
To get the fastest exam alerts and government Jobs alerts in India, join our Telegram Channel
National Aptitude Test in Architecture (NATA) is being conducted by CoA since 2006, in terms of the provisions of CoA (Minimum Standards of Architectural Education) Regulations, 1983, published in the Gazette of India. It is implied that a separate aptitude test in Architecture should be conducted and such tests should not be combined with the tests for admissions to Engineering, Pharmacy, Medicine, and other disciplines. The purpose of conducting NATA is to provide a single scheme of examination for holding aptitude test and to facilitate prospective students all over the country to apply for admissions in architecture seats in institutions spread across the country and to avoid appearing in multiple aptitude tests.
|Application Form||Click Here|
|Eligibility Criteria||Click Here|
|Exam Pattern||Click Here|
|Admit Card||Click Here|
|Answer Key||Click Here|
|Old Question paper||Click Here|
|Previous Year Cut Off||Click Here|
|Information Brochure||Click Here|
Important dates of NATA 2021 is as follows:
|NATA 2021||First Test||Second Test|
|Application Starts||05 Mar 2021||05 Mar 2021|
|Application Ends||28 Mar 2021||30 May 2021|
|Last Date of Image Upload||28 Mar 2021||30 May 2021|
|Last Date of Payment||28 Mar 2021||30 May 2021|
|Application Correction||26-28 Mar 2021||25-30 May 2021|
|Admit Card||07 Apr 2021||08 Jun 2021|
|Exam Date||10 Apr 2021||12 Jun 2021|
|Answer Key||Just after the exam||Just after the exam|
|Declaration of Result||On or Before 20 Apr 2021||16 Jun 2021|
NATA 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Eligibility Criteria of NATA 2021 is as follows:
- Candidate must have secured at least 50% aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics, and also at least 50% marks in aggregate of the 10+2 level examination. OR
- Passed 10+3 Diploma Examination with Mathematics as a compulsory subject with at least 50% marks in aggregate.
NATA 2021 is a qualifying examination for admission into the B. Arch degree program. Reservation is a prerogative of the admission/counseling authority and does not fall under the purview of this examination.
NATA 2021 Application Form
Candidates opting to appear in both the first and second tests may note that they will be issued with a separate scorecard for each test. The scorecard for the Second test shall contain the marks secured in the First & Second Test and also the best marks secured in either of the Tests as a valid score for admission to B.Arch. Course.
The application form is broadly categorized into three steps: filling of Personal Details, Document Uploading & Fee Payment. Candidates need to fill in the first part i.e. Personal Details and will thereafter be directed to Document Uploading. Once the documents are successfully uploaded, the system enters into the Fee Payment. Finally, the candidate must take a printout of the CONFIRMATION PAGE generated upon successful fee payment for their own record. There is no need to send any document by post.
|Category||For the First/Second Test||For Both First and Second Test|
|General||Rs. 1800/-||Rs. 3500/-|
|SC/ST||Rs. 1500/-||Rs. 2800/-|
|Outside the territory of India||Rs.10000/-||Rs. 18,000/-|
Mode of Payment: Payment by Debit/Credit Card/Net Banking only.
How to apply
The online filling-up of the Application Form is interactive in nature and online guidance will be available to the candidate while filling up the form.
- The filling up of fields will be interactive in nature. As soon as the cursor is taken to a certain field, a cursor tip MESSAGE will be shown to the candidate to assist in filling up. In case of difficulty, the HELP icon placed right next to the field will redirect the candidate to that section of the Brochure which deals with the filling up of the said field. Please note that the applicant’s name, father’s name, mother’s name, postal address, and date of birth taken together must be unique for each application.
- On completion and submission of the Personal Details, the system will generate a unique 8-digit numeric APPLICATION NUMBER for the candidate. The candidate has to choose a PASSWORD and keep it as a guarded secret for all subsequent entries into their domain. A security Question and Answer will be captured from the candidate by the system at this stage. The candidate has to remember this question-answer pair for prompt retrieval of the password in case it is forgotten at a later stage.
All candidates are required to upload the Recent Passport size Colour Photograph and Signature. Documents have to be in jpg/jpeg format. The page size of the document is to be in A4 format. Following are the details regarding the size and dimension of the documents:
Application Fee Details
The candidate has to click “Payment of fee using EPG services”, the system will automatically redirect to the available payment gateway page, displayed on the web site. As per the candidate’s convenience, he/she may select any of the options to pay the application fee through an electronic payment gateway via debit card, credit card, or net banking and follow the online instructions to complete the payment process. After successful payment, the payment gateway will redirect the candidate to the home page that will show the status of the fee payment. Upon successful payment, the candidate will be able to print the final “Confirmation Page”.
NATA 2021 Admit Card
For each Applicant, an Admit Card will be generated according to the schedule notified indicating the allotted Examination Centre for NATA 2021, and a downloadable version of the admit card will be published on the respective webpage of the candidate concerned. An Examination Roll Number will also be generated for each candidate.
The candidate has to download the soft copy of the Admit Card from the website and has to appear in the examination with a printed hard copy at the concerned Examination Centre indicated in the downloaded Admit Card along with one original photo identity card- Voter Card/ Pan Card/ Aadhar Card/ Driving Licence. Candidates must ensure that the photograph and signature printed on the admit card are not mutilated/distorted/soiled even by accident. Candidates with such mutilated/distorted/soiled admit cards will not be allowed to appear in NATA 2020.
Allocation of Examination Centre
The allocation of examination centers spread across all state capitals and other selected cities subject to the availability of at least 200 students for the particular city/center. Cities will be based on the choices given by the candidate during filling up the form online. However, it is the discretion of the Council to allocate the examination center for the smooth conduct of the test.
NATA Exam Pattern
The test shall consist of two parts:
- Part A: This is on drawing, which is paper-based. This has been devised as a step towards producing competent architects to serve the society and to build the nation in the coming decades, especially in view of the Govt. of India mission of Smart Cities.
- Part B: comprising Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ), Mathematics, and general aptitude which is to be answered online.
The Answer to each question in the ‘drawing’ paper will be examined by more than one examiner independently and the marks will be averaged. The primary emphasis in scoring the drawing section will be on the candidate’s drawing, imagination, and observation skills. The candidate’s sense of proportion and perspective will also be evaluated together with a sense of color and composition.
- Ability to sketch a given object proportionately and rendering the same in a visually appealing manner.
- Visualizing and drawing the effects of light on the object and shadows cast on surroundings.
- Sense of perspective drawing.
- Combining and composing given three-dimensional elements to form a building or structural form.
- Creating an interesting two-dimensional composition using given shapes and forms.
- Creating visual harmony using colors in a given composition.
- Understanding of scale and proportions.
- Drawing from memory through pencil sketch on themes from day to day experiences.
Test on Mathematics & General Aptitude
- Out of four options, only one option is correct and the correct response will yield 2 (two) marks.
- There is no negative marking.
The syllabus of NATA 2021 is as follows:
Algebra, Logarithms, Matrices, Trigonometry, 3-Dimensional Co-ordinate geometry, Theory of Calculus, Application of Calculus, Permutation and combination, Statistics and Probability.
Objects, texture related to architecture, and the built environment. Interpretation of pictorial compositions, Visualizing three-dimensional objects from two-dimensional drawing. Visualizing different sides of 3D objects. Analytical reasoning, mental ability (visual, numerical, and verbal), General awareness of national/ international architects and famous architectural creations
Understanding of scale and proportion of objects, geometric composition, shape, building forms and elements, aesthetics, color texture, harmony, and contrast. Conceptualization and Visualization through structuring objects in memory. Drawing of patterns – both geometrical and abstract. Form transformations in 2D and 3D like union, subtraction, rotation, surfaces, and volumes. Generating plan, elevation, and 3D views of objects. Creating 2D and 3D compositions using given shapes and forms. Perspective drawing, Sketching of urbanscape and landscape, Common day-to-day life objects like furniture, equipment, etc., from memory.
NATA 2021 Answer key
The Council of Architecture (CoA) will display the Answer Key of the questions on the NATA website ntaaiapget.nic.in to provide an opportunity to the candidates to challenge the Answer Key. The Answer Keys are likely to be displayed for three days. The recorded responses are likely to be displayed for three days. The Council of Architecture (CoA) decision on the challenges shall be final and the result will be declared on the basis of final answer keys.
NATA 2021 Result
After the examination, the model answers to the MCQ portion (Part A) would be available in the public domain. Before the publication of results, the response sheets of each candidate will be uploaded along with Part-wise mark(s) secured. No review will be available for the drawing test (Part B). Further, there will be no provision for post-publication scrutiny and /or review and any request after the publication of the result will not be entertained.
Results will be available on the website www.nata.in which will be announced in various electronic/printing media before declaration of results. The result will be available in two formats:
- Marks obtained out of 200 and in each component.
Qualifying marks for NATA 2020 would be based on the following rules:
- A minimum of 32 marks out of 125 marks in Part A (approximately 25%)
- A minimum of 18 marks out of 75 marks in Part B (approximately25% )
- Overall qualifying marks (out of 200) would be based on post-exam statistics and at the discretion of the Council.
The validity of the NATA score: NATA 2021 score shall be valid only for admission in the session 2020-21 only.
NATA 2021 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Question: What is the eligibility criteria for NATA 2021?
Answer: At least 50% aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics in 10+2 level examination.
Question: Is there any upper age limit for NATA 2021?
Answer: No, there are no upper age limits.
Question: What is the admission procedure of NATA 2021?
Answer: Candidates need to qualify in Entrance and allotted colleges after counseling.
Question: What are the application fees for NATA?
Answer: General/Gen-EWS/ OBC(NCL): Rs. 1800/- , SC/ST/PwD/Transgender: Rs. 1500/- .
Question: What is the Question Pattern of NATA 2021?
Answer: Test on Mathematics & General Aptitude will be MCQ type and the Drawing test will be pen and pencil test.
Question: What is the test duration?
Answer: 60 minutes (one hour) for Mathematics & General Aptitude Test and 120 minutes (two hours) for Drawing Test.
Question: Is there a negative marking in NATA 2021 Exam?
Answer: No negative marking.
Question: Is there any Direct Admission Process?
Question: Does NATA have a syllabus for examination preparation?
Answer: Yes, please reference the brochure for the syllabus.