KTET 2021: The Kerala Pareeksha Bhavan has released the notification of the Kerala Teacher Eligibility Test (KTET) on April 2021 for May Session. The application is available from April 28, 2021, and will be available up to May 23, 2021. The KTET exam date will be announced later. Interested and eligible candidates can apply for KTET 2021 through the official website. For more information about KTET 2021 Application Form, Eligibility Criteria, Exam Dates, Exam Pattern keeps reading this article.
To get the fastest exam alerts and government Jobs alerts in India, join our Telegram Channel
Kerala Teacher Eligibility Test (KTET) will be conducted by the Government in accordance with the guidelines framed by the National Council for Teacher Education (NCTE). Kerala TET has been conducted in various categories: Category I for Lower Primary Class, Category II for Upper Primary, Category III for High School Class and Category IV for language teachers in Arabic, Urdu, Sanskrit, Hindi up to upper primary class and for specialist teachers and physical education teachers.
|Application Form||Click Here|
|Eligibility Criteria||Click Here|
|Admit Card||Click Here|
|Exam Pattern||Click Here|
|Answer Key||Click Here|
|Sample Paper||Click Here|
|Official Advertisement||Click Here|
KTET 2021 Important Dates
The important dates regarding the KTET 2021 are provided below:
|Online Application Form Start From||28 Apr 2021|
|Last Date for Online Application|
|Availability of Admit Card||Available Soon!!|
|Date of Examination||Available Soon!!|
|Releasing of Answer Key||Available Soon!!|
|Declaration of the Result||Available Soon!!|
Check the examination schedule from the table provided below:
|Category||Date of Exam||Duration||Time|
|I||Available Soon||10:00 am -12:30 pm||2 hr 30 mins|
|II||Available Soon||2:00 pm – 4:30 pm||2 hr 30 mins|
|III||Available Soon||11:00 pm – 1:30 pm||2 hr 30 mins|
|IV||Available Soon||2:30 pm – 5:00 pm||2 hr 30 mins|
KTET 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Nationality: The candidate must be a citizen of India.
Age: There is no age limit prescribed for candidates appearing in KTET.
For Lower Primary Teacher (Category – I)
- Secondary/ Senior Secondary or (or it’s equivalent) with at least 45% marks and 2 years Trained Teachers’ Certificate TTC / D.Ed conducted by Board of Examination, Govt. of Kerala or its equivalent. Or
- Secondary/ Senior Secondary (or it’s equivalent) with at least 45% marks and 2 years Diploma in Elementary Education, in accordance with NCTE. Or
- Higher Secondary/Senior Secondary with at least 50% marks and 4 years Bachelor of Elementary Education (B.El.Ed.) Or
- Secondary/Senior Secondary with at least 50% marks and 2 years Diploma in Education (Special Education).
For Upper Primary Teacher (Category – II)
- B.A/B.Sc/B.Com with at least 45% marks and 1 year Bachelor in Education (B.Ed.), in accordance with NCTE (Recognition, Norms, and Procedure) regulations. Or
- Secondary/Senior Secondary (or it’s equivalent) with at least 50% marks and 4 years Bachelor in Elementary Education (B.El.Ed.) Or
- Secondary/ Senior Secondary with at least 50% marks and 4 years B.A/B.Sc.Ed or B.A. Ed or B.Sc.Ed.
For High School Teacher (Category – III)
- BA/BSc/B.Com with at least 45% marks and a B.Ed. Degree in the subject concerned (from any one of the Universities in Kerala. Or
- For Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Botany, and Zoology, those who have MSc.Ed. Degree in the subject concerned with not less than 50% marks from one of the Regional Institutes of Education sponsored by NCERT will be eligible to apply. Or
- BA or equivalent with at least 45% marks and who passed in LTTC are eligible to apply.
For Category – IV
- Those who have acquired qualifications for the posts of Language Teachers of Arabic, Hindi, Sanskrit & Urdu (up to Upper Primary level), Specialist teachers & Physical Education teachers Or
- Other Equivalent Qualifications.
KTET 2021 Application Form
The application form for the KTET 2021 process is over on the official website as per the schedule. However, applications received without the prescribed fee were not be considered and summarily rejected. And, no representation against such rejection was entertained. The fee once paid was not refunded under any circumstances nor it was adjusted against any other examination or selection. Process Flow for KTET 2021 are as follows :
Application Fee & Mode of Payments
- General and their sub-categories – Rs 500/- (Rupees Five hundred only)
- OBC/SC/ST/PHH – Rs 250/- (Rupees Two hundred fifty only)
- Mode of Payment: Through Payment Gateway by Net Banking or Credit card/Debit card.
How to Apply
- Step 1: Click on the Register link and fill the Online Application Form. Candidates are advised to note down his/her system-generated Application Number. The candidate should supply all the details while filling the online Application Form and no columns shall be kept vacant. After successful submission of the data, the Application number will be generated and it will be used to complete the remaining steps of the Application Form and also required for all future correspondence.
- Step 2: Candidate must upload his/her scanned images of Photograph and Signature. The scanned images of the photograph, Signature should be in jpg/jpeg format only. The size of the photo image must be greater than 20 Kb and less than 30 Kb.
- Step 3: The candidate has to pay the examination fee through the online payment mode only. Payments made by any other mode (i.e. MISC or any other Head) will not be entertained.
- Step 4: Before making the Final Submission, Candidates are advised to cross-check all the particulars and credentials and make corrections before making Final Payments.
- Step 5: After the Final Submission of the Online Application Form, the candidate will take the printout of his/her Application Form, and retain it for future reference.
KTET 2021 Admit Card
The admit card of KTET 2021 has been released to only those candidates who successfully submitted the application form along with the application fee. The admit card is the key to the examination hall and must be carried on the day of examination. The candidates can download it from the official website of KTET at ktet.kerala.gov.in. The applicants must have taken the printout of the admit card and should retain it till the selection. The admit card of KTET contains important information regarding the test such as the date, time, and center of the examination.
Click on the apply online link, Enter your Registration Number and Password as set by you. Download and print the admit card from the link given on the Applicant’s Home Page.
KTET 2021 Exam Pattern
The examination pattern for KTET 2021 is provided below:
- Question Paper in four different categories having 150 Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) of 1 (one) mark each in the subjects under the relevant papers.
- Candidates have to shade/darken the right choice of answer among the four options.
- Each right answer will be awarded one mark.
- Category I, II, and IV will be bilingual ie. Both Malayalam and English (except for language papers). For Category III, the medium will be only English (except for language papers).
- The test duration of the exam is 2 hours 30 minutes.
- Negative Marking: There will be no negative marking.
- There shall be 60% minimum qualifying marks.
For Category – I (Lower Primary Teacher)
|Child Development and Pedagogy (relevant to age group 6 – 11)||30||30|
|Language-I: Malayalam or Tamil or Kannada||30||30|
|Language-II: English or Arabic||30||30|
For Category – II (Upper Primary Teacher)
|Child Development and Pedagogy (relevant to age group 11 – 14)||30||30|
|(a) For Mathematics and Science teachers: Mathematics and Science|
(b) For Social Science teachers: Social Science
(c) For any other subject teachers: (a) or (b)
|Language-I: Malayalam or Tamil or Kannada or English||30||30|
|Language-II: (Other than Language I)|
Malayalam or English
For Category – III (High School Teacher)
|Adolescent Psychology, Theories of Learning and Teaching Aptitude||40||40|
|Language: Malayalam or English or Tamil or Kannada||30||30|
|Subject-specific areas (Content & Pedagogy)||80||80|
For Category – IV
|Child Development, Pedagogy and Teacher Aptitude||30||40|
|Language: Malayalam or English or Tamil or Kannada||40||30|
|Subject-specific paper (Content & Pedagogy)||80||80|
KTET 2021 Syllabus and Model Question Paper
KTET 2021 Syllabus and Model Question Paper is as follows:
|Catagory||Syllabus||Model Question Papers|
|CATEGORY-I||Click Here||Click Here|
|CATEGORY-II||Click Here||Click Here|
|CATEGORY-III||Click Here||Click Here|
|CATEGORY-IV||Click Here||Click Here|
KTET 2021 Answer Key
After the examination provisional answer key will be made available at (ktet.kerala.gov.in). The Answer Key helps the candidates in predicting their marks and from the Answer Key candidates can also predict their chances of qualifying in the examination. The answer key is in the form of pdf. Directly from the answer key page candidates can check the answer key, candidates have to not enter login credentials for checking the answer key.
KTET 2021 Result
KTET Result 2021 will be announced after the commencement of the written examination for Category I, II, III & IV. To check their result, the candidates who will appear in the KTET examination will have to visit the official website of KTET and log in with their login credentials details like their Date of Birth and Registration Number. Upon the basis of this KTET 2021 (May) Result, the qualifying candidates will be awarded the Teachers Training Certificate (TTC) upon which basis, they can apply for teaching positions at all types of schools across the state.
Frequently Asked Question (FAQ)
Question: What is the exam date of the KTET June 2021?
Ans: Available soon.
Question: How do I access the site to fill up the online application?
Answer: Candidates can apply only ONLINE for Teacher Eligibility Test May 2021 through the website i.e. https://ktet.kerala.gov.in
Question: What is the application fee for the KTET 2021?
Answer: General and their sub-categories – Rs 500/- and OBC/SC/ST/PHH – Rs 250/-
Question: In which format the scanned photograph and signature?
Answer: The images of the photograph and signature should be scanned in the .jpg or .jpeg format only.
Question: What should be the size of the scanned photograph?
Answer: Soft copy of the photograph in the prescribed format (jpeg/jpg format, 150 X 200 pixel and size between 20 Kb to 30 Kb having name and date of photo taken printed at the bottom )
Question: How can I upload my signatures/photograph?
Answer: The scanned photograph and signature in the format and the specification which has already been explained above is to be uploaded.
Question: What are the eligibility criteria for KTET 2021?
Answer: Secondary/Senior Secondary/B.A/B.Sc/B.Com(or it’s equivalent) with at least 50% marks and 4 years Bachelor in Elementary Education (B.El.Ed.)
Question: Is there any age limit for the KTET 2021?
Answer: There is no upper age limit.
Question: What is the exam pattern of the KTET 2021?
Answer: There shall be one question paper in four different series having questions of multiple choice/objective type, carrying 150 questions of one mark each.
Question: What is the test duration of the KTET 2021?
Answer: The test duration of the exam is 2 hours 30 minutes.
Question: Is there any negative marking in KTET 2020?
Answer: There will be no negative marking.