JECA 2021: The West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board (WBJEEB) has released the notification for JECA 2021 on May 11, 2021. JECA is a state-level entrance examination for admission to the Master of Computer Application course in various institutions in West Bengal. The Application Form was available from May 11, 2021, and available up to May 25, 2021. The exam was held on August 28, 2021. For more information about JECA 2021 Application Form, Eligibility Criteria, Exam Pattern, Syllabus keep reading this article.
To get the fastest exam alerts and government Jobs alerts in India, join our Telegram Channel
The West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board (WBJEEB) conducts JECA each and every year for admission in MCA. JECA is basically a competitive exam for MCA aspirants of West Bengal. A common entrance exam will be there and selection will be purely on a merit basis.
|Application Form||Click Here|
|Eligibility Criteria||Click Here|
|Admit Card||Click Here|
|Exam Pattern||Click Here|
|Counselling Process||Click Here|
|Previous Year Question Paper||Click Here|
|Information Bulletin||Click Here|
JECA 2021 Important Dates
Important dates of WBJEE JECA 2021 is as follows:
|Online Application Start||11 May 2021|
|Last Date of Online Application||25 May 2021|
|Last Date of Payment Fees||25 May 2021|
|Application Correction||26-27 May 2021|
|Admit Card||24 Aug 2021|
|Exam||28 Aug 2021|
JECA 2021 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria of WBJEE JECA 2021 is as follows:
- The applicant must be a citizen of India.
- UGC and/or AICTE recognized (as may be the case) Bachelor’s degree of minimum 3 years duration except for BBA, with Mathematics at 10+2 level or graduate level. Candidate must obtain 50% marks (45% for SC/ST/OBC-A/OBC-B candidates) at graduation level.
The eligibility criteria of each college may vary at the time of admission. A list of college wise criteria is given below:
Candidates must have passed 3-year Bachelor degree programs from UGC recognized University with at least 60% marks in Honours/Aggregate (45% marks for SC/ST/OBC-A/OBC-B/PwD candidates) along with 60% marks (45% marks for SC/ST/OBC-A/OBC-B/PwD candidates) in Mathematics at the Bachelor’s level together with at least 60% marks (45% marks for SC/ST/OBC-A/OBC-B/PwD candidates) in Secondary and Higher Secondary or equivalent examination with at least 60% marks (45% marks for SC/ST/OBC-A/OBC-B/PwD candidates) in Mathematics in both Secondary or equivalent and Higher Secondary or equivalent examinations from recognized Boards.
University of Kalyani
Graduate or equivalent degree under (10+2+3) pattern in any discipline of a UGC recognized University/ Institute or AICTE recognized B.E./ B. Tech/ BCA of a University/ Institute. Candidates must have Mathematics as one of the subjects at each level of education. Candidates have to secure 60% marks (45% marks for SC/ST candidates) at each level of education.
However, candidates without Computer Science background (i.e., without BCA/B.Sc. in Computer Science (Hons.)/B.Sc. in Information Technology (Hons.) / B.E. or B.Tech. Computer Science & Engineering /B.E. or B. Tech. in Information Technology, or equivalent degree) have to attend an additional bridge course to complete the 2-year MCA degree as per the norms of the university.
The University of Calcutta
Passed 3-year B.Sc. Hons. in Computer Science under UGC recognized university or B.Sc. (Major) in Computer Application under the University of Calcutta with at least 60% in Honours or Major (55% for SC/ST OBC-A/OBC-B candidates) in Bachelor level having Mathematics as one of the subjects together with at least 60% marks (55% for SC/ST/OBC-A/OBC-B candidates) in 10th level and (10+2)th level along with at least 60% (55% for SC/ST/OBC-A/OBC-B candidates) in Mathematics in both 10th and (10+2)th level from recognized Board.
Passed B.E/B. Tech. in Computer Science & Engineering/Information Technology with at least 60% marks (55% for SC/ST/OBC-A/OBC-B candidates) and with at least 60% marks in (55% for SC/ST/OBC-A/OBC-B candidates) in Mathematics in 10th level and (10+2)th level along with 60% marks (55% for SC/ST/OBC-A/OBC-B candidates) in Mathematics in 10th level and (10+2)th level.
University of North Bengal
BCA, B.Sc. (CS/IT or it’s equivalent), B. Tech (CSE/IT or it’s equivalent) with 60% marks (50% for reserve category) in both 10+2 level and graduation.
Candidates must have UGC and/or AICTE recognized (as the case may be) Bachelor’s degree of minimum 3 years in Computer Science discipline or BE / B. Tech/BCA with Mathematics at 10+2 level or graduate level. Candidates must have obtained 50% marks (45% marks for SC/ST/OBC-A/OBC-B candidates) at graduation level.
Kalyani Govt. Engineering College
Graduate or equivalent degree under (10+2+3) pattern in any discipline of a UGC recognized University/ Institute or AICTE recognized B.E./ B. Tech / BCA of a University/Institute. Candidates must have Mathematics as one of the subjects at each level of education. Candidates have to secure 60% marks (45% marks for SC/ST candidates) at each level of education.
However, candidates without Computer Science background (i.e., without BCA/B.Sc. in Computer Science (Hons.)/B.Sc. in Information Technology (Hons.) / B.E. or B. Tech. Computer Science & Engineering /B.E. or B. Tech. in Information Technology, or equivalent degree) have to attend an additional bridge course to complete the 2-year MCA degree as per the norms of the university.
JECA 2021 Application Form
The application form for JECA 2021 will be available on the official website as per the schedule. However, applications received without the prescribed fee were not be considered and summarily rejected. And, no representation against such rejection was entertained. No other mode of application is allowed. Candidates are hereby informed that the details provided in the Online Application Form will be used for all future references and no modification can be done subsequently. Candidates are advised to be very careful while filling the Application Form.
Application Fee & Mode of Payment:
- The application fee is ₹500 (Rupees five hundred only) plus the Bank’s Service Charges as applicable.
- The Examination Fees can be paid by Net Banking/ Debit Card/ Credit Card only.
- The fee once paid is not refundable under any circumstances.
How to Apply
The application has to be made ONLINE only through the web- portal http://wbjeeb.nic.in . Candidates need to have a working mobile number and an email ID. All future communications by the Board will be sent to this mobile number and an email ID only. The application procedure is interactive in nature. The steps are briefly described below.
- Registration: The candidate will enter registration details such as name, father’s name, mother’s name, date of birth, gender, identification type, and number. Candidates must be careful while entering registration details. It cannot be changed/edited/modified under normal circumstances. Also, the information must match exactly with the school admit cards, mark sheets, certificates, photo identity cards, caste/category certificates, etc. which the candidate has to produce to enter the examination hall, during counseling, during admission, and during registration with the University.
- Application Form: At this stage, the candidate needs to fill up various personal information such as, domicile, category, PwD status, home district, religion, nationality, etc. Thereafter the candidate needs to choose any three zones of examinations in order of his/her choice and submit the application.
- Uploading of Images: The candidate is required to upload scanned images of his/her recent color photograph and signature all in one go. The face of the candidate should occupy at least 50% of the entire space for the photograph looking straight to the camera.
Image Format Storage Size Dimension Photograph JPG/JPEG 3 kB to 100 kB. 4 cm x 3 cm Signature JPG/JPEG 3 kB to 30 kB. 4 cm x 1.5 cm
- Payment of Examination Fees: After uploading of images candidates will be directed automatically to the fee-payment step.
- Confirmation Page: On successful completion of all the above steps, the candidate shall automatically be directed to the option for downloading the ‘Confirmation Page’ which means that the application is complete.
JECA 2021 Admit Card
Candidates will be able to download the admit card from the official website as per the schedule. The admit card will be issued to only registered candidates. No hard copy of the JECA 2021 Admit Card is sent to the candidates via post. It consists of personal details of the candidate as well as exam details like reporting timings, address of the test center, etc. Candidates must check that all the details mentioned in the admit card are correct, and in case of any discrepancy contact the officials as soon as possible. It must be remembered that it is necessary to bring the Admit Card to the exam center on the day of the exam.
During the online application, the candidate must choose any 3 (three) of the following examination zones. The allocation of the examination center will be based on the choices given by the candidate during the online application. However, the discretion of the Board in the allocation of the examination center shall be final. No request for a change of allocated center will be entertained under normal circumstances.
- Kolkata-North/Salt Lake
JECA Exam Pattern
The examination pattern for JECA is provided below:
- Mode of Exam: Offline mode, which means it is a Pen and Paper Test (PPT)
- Duration of the Exam: The test is of 3 (Three) hours duration.
- Type of Questions: The test consist of objective type multiple choice questions (MCQ)
- Language of the Test: English
- Number of Questions: There are a total of 150 questions.
- Number of Marks: The exam is for 150 marks. Each question carries 01 marks.
- Negative Marking: Yes.
- (a) All questions will have four answer options
- (b) Only one option is correct.
- (c) The correct response will yield a 1 (one) mark.
- (d) The incorrect response will yield -1/4 (25% negative) marks.
- (e) For any combination of response with more than one option, the said answer will be treated as incorrect and will yield -1/4 (25% negative) marks
- (f) Not attempting the question will fetch zero marks.
The syllabus of JECA is as follows:
- (a) Analytical Geometry: Cartesian and polar coordinate; Straight line; Circle; Ellipse; Parabola; Hyperbola; Translation & Rotation of axes.
- (b) Algebra: Complex number, De Mover’s theorem, Solution of linear equations, Determinants, Matrices, Summation of signal series, Addition of vectors, Scalar and Vector products, Inequation, Sets and elements, Universal set, Empty set, Subsets, Venn diagram, Union and intersection of sets, Complements, Algebra of sets, Finite sets, Class of sets, Partitions, Cross product, Group, Ring and Field.
- (c) Calculus: Limit, Continuity, Differentiation; Maxima & minima; Taylor & Maclaruin’s Series: Definite and indefinite integrals, First and second order differential equation; Functions of several variables; partial differentiation.
- (d) Probability & Statistics: Permutation, Combination; Probability; distribution; Mean; Median; Mode; Standard Deviation; Correlation coefficient.
B. Aptitude Test:
- (a) Reasoning,
- (b) Problem Solving,
- (c) Quantitative Comparison,
- (d) Discrete Quantitative Analysis
- (e) Data interpretation.
WBJEEB will prepare merit ranks based on the candidates’ scores in the entrance tests. Individual candidates will be able to view and download his/her Rank Card, which will contain score and rank. WBJEEB does not publish any general ranks/score list.
- (a) The rank shall be in the name and style of ‘GMR’ (General Merit Rank)
- (b) Ranking shall be done in the descending order of marks scored in the entrance test. In the case of ties, tie-breaking rules as given in section 2.8 shall be applicable.
- (c) Separate reserved category merit position will also be indicated for the respective category of students e.g. SC Rank, ST Rank, OBC-A Rank, OBC-B Rank, PwD Rank as applicable.
- (d) Counseling/allotment of seat/admission will be done based on GMR only (not on category ranks). Category ranks are only for the information to candidates.
- (e) Category ranks are generated based on the category information given by the candidates during the online application. If during verification, any candidate’s claim is found invalid, his/her category rank will be canceled and the candidate will be considered in the general category with his/her GMR. The category ranks of other candidates will not be revised.
JECA 2021 Frequently Asked Question (FAQ)
Question: What is the date of the JECA 2021?
Answer: August 28, 2021.
Question: How can I apply for JECA 2021?
Answer: Candidates are required to apply online using the application form link available on the website i.e. https://wbjeeb.nic.in/JECACMS/public/home.aspx only.
Question: What are the eligibility criteria of JECA?
Answer: Bachelor’s degree from a recognized Institute/Board or equivalent with 50% marks.
Question: What will be the mode of form filling?
Answer: The application form has to be filled in Online mode only.
Question: Can I change the choice of the examination center after submitting the application form?
Question: How many choices of preference I need to submit for Exam Center?
Answer: Candidates may select three (03) centers in order of their preference.
Question: How many times a candidate can attempt JECA?
Answer: There is no restriction on the number of attempts for appearing in the JECA.
Question: What is the age limit for JECA?