ICAR NET 2021: The Agriculture Scientists Recruitment Board (ASRB) is conducting the Indian Council of Agricultural Research National Eligibility Test (ICAR NET) exam. The exam will be held on August 23-27, 2021. Admission Certificates will be issued at least 15 days before the examination. The Online Application Form was available from April 05, 2021, on the official website. Eligible candidates can apply for ICAR ASRB NET 2021 through the official website. For more information about ASRB ICAR NET 2021 Application Form, Important Dates, Eligibility Criteria, Exam Pattern, Cut Off, keep reading this article.
To get the fastest exam alerts and government Jobs alerts in India, join our Telegram Channel
National Eligibility Test (NET) is a qualifying examination for determining eligibility for the position of Lecturer /Assistant Professor in the State Agricultural Universities (SAUs) and other Agricultural Universities (AUs). Candidates clearing the National Eligibility Test will be eligible to apply for the post of Lecturers or Assistant Professors in the SAUs/AUs. NET certificates will be issued by the ASRB to the qualified candidates to enable them to apply against vacancies to be notified or advertised by the State Agricultural Universities/Agricultural Universities. SAUs/AUs will satisfy themselves with regard to the fulfillment of prescribed eligibility conditions/criteria for requisite posts of Lecturers/Assistant Professors including the authenticity of the NET Certificate in the possession of the candidates. It is a National level exam conducted for shortlisting the candidates for the position of Lecturer / Assistant Professor in the State Agricultural Universities (SAUs) and other Agricultural Universities (AUs).
|Application Form||Click Here|
|Eligibility Criteria||Click Here|
|Exam Pattern||Click Here|
|Admit Card||Click Here|
|Answer Key||Click Here|
|Old Question Paper||Click Here|
|Official Advertisement||Click Here|
ICAR NET 2021 Important Dates
|Date of Notification||30 Mar 2021|
|Application Form Starts From||05 Apr 2021|
|Last Date for Registration and Fee|
|Admit Card||15 Days before the exam|
|Date of Exam|
|Date of Result||Available Soon !!|
ICAR NET 2021 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria of a candidate to appear in ICAR NET 2021 are as follows:
Nationality: The candidate must be a citizen of India Or a citizen of Nepal, Or a citizen of Bhutan.
Age Limit: A candidate must have attained the age of 21 years. There is no upper age limit for the National Eligibility Test.
Education Qualification: Master’s degree or equivalent with specialization in the respective Discipline.
Click Here For ICAR NET 2021 Examination Disciplines and their approved eligibility qualifications.
ASRB NET Application Form
The application form for ASRB NET 2021 process is over on the official website i.e http://www.asrb.org.in as per the schedule. However, applications received without the prescribed fee were not be considered and summarily rejected. And, no representation against such rejection was entertained. No other mode of application is allowed. Candidates are hereby informed that the details provided in the Online Application Form will be used for all future references and no modification can be done subsequently. Candidates are advised to be very careful while filling the Application Form. The procedure for submission of the Application Form is as follows :
Application Fee & Mode of Payment:
- Unreserved (UR) Candidates – 1000/-
- General EWS / Other Backward Class (OBC) – 500/-
- Scheduled Caste (SC)/ Scheduled Tribe (ST)/Divyang/ Women – 250/-
- Mode Of Payment: Payment can be made through Debit Card/Credit Card/Net Banking
How to Apply
- Candidates are required to apply online using the application form link available on the website i.e. http://www.asrb.org.in and http://www.icar.org.in only
- A candidate must fulfill all the conditions of eligibility regarding age limit, educational qualifications, etc. prescribed for admission to the examination.
- The candidate should keep the scanned copy of his/her recent passport size photograph taken against a light background (preferably white) of a maximum size of 150 KB in .jpg format only (with the face covering at least 2/3rd of the total space for easy identification) and Scanned copy of his/her Signature (taken in black ink only on a white paper of a maximum size of 80 KB in .jpg format only for uploading during the process of Application Form Submission.
- The online application form is spread over five parts. They will receive an e-mail/SMS on successful registration in Part-I, i.e., basic data regarding their Name, Father’s Name, e-mail Id, Date of Birth, etc. after which all the stages of the application form are to be completed and final submission is done. Mere registration by completing Part-I of the application form does not signify the successful submission of the submission process.
- Once the payment is successfully made, a message informing the successful submission of the Application Form will be displayed on the computer screen. In case, this does not appear, the process needs to be repeated since it signifies/implies that the Application Form has not been successfully uploaded/ submitted.
- Candidates are strongly advised to keep a print or soft copy of the completed Application Form for any future reference.
ICAR NET Admit Card
Candidates will be able to download the admit card from the official website as per the schedule. The admit card for ICAR NET 2021 will be issued to only registered candidates. No hard copy of the ASRB ICAR NET Admit Card is sent to the candidates via post. It consists of personal details of the candidate as well as exam details like reporting timings, address of the test center, etc. Candidates must check that all the details mentioned in the admit card are correct, and in case of any discrepancy contact the officials as soon as possible. It must be remembered that it is necessary to bring the Admit Card to the exam center on the day of the exam.
ICAR NET Exam Pattern
The examination pattern for ASRB ICAR NET 2021 is provided below:
- Mode of Exam: ASRB is conducting ICAR NET 2021 exam in online mode, which means it is a Computer Based Test (CBT)
- Duration of the Exam: The test is of 2 (Two) hours duration.
- Type of Questions: The test consist of objective type multiple choice questions (MCQ)
- Language of the Test: The questions in the ICAR NET 2021 Examination will be available in bilingual form i.e. Hindi and English medium on the computer.
- Number of Questions: There are a total of 150 questions.
- Number of Marks: The exam is for 150 marks. Each question carries 01 marks.
- Negative Marking: 1/3 mark will be deducted for each wrong answer. There will be no rounding off of fractions of marks.
- Number of Attempts: There is no restriction on the number of attempts for appearing in the National Eligibility Test.
The revised Code number for Disciplines of NET exam Click Here.
ICAR NET Syllabus
The syllabus for ASRB NET 2021 is available on the official website of ASRB. Candidates can download the same by accessing the direct link below.
|Discipline Code No||Syllabus|
|1 to 10||Click Here|
|11 to 20||Click Here|
|21 to 30||Click Here|
|31 to 40||Click Here|
|41 to 50||Click Here|
|51 to 56||Click Here|
Candidates may select two (02) centers in order of their preference. The test center once selected by the candidate is final and cannot be changed further. Candidates can check the list of the ASRB ICAR NET 2021 test centers from the table below:
|Barrackpore/ Kolkata||West Bengal|
|Jammu||Jammu and Kashmir|
|Port Blair||Andaman and Nicobar islands|
|Srinagar||Jammu and Kashmir|
ICAR NET Result
The result of the ICAR NET 2021 exam will be declared on official websites as per the schedule. Candidates can check the result from the official website i.e. http://www.asrb.org.in. The result will be released in pdf format, which will contain the details of the candidate who will qualify for the test. Furthermore, the qualifiers in the test are issued the ASRB ICAR NET Certificate. To qualify for the test, the candidates should obtain minimum cut-off marks.
ASRB NET Cut Off
Minimum marks required for qualifying ICAR NET 2021
|Category||Qualifying Percentage||Qualifying Marks|
|OBC (Non-Creamy layer)||45%||67.5|
|SC / ST / Divyang||40%||60|
Helpline Number and Email Id
- For any clarification /assistance, the Candidate may call ph. No. 011-25848172 /25846166 from 10:00 hours to 17:00 hours (Monday to Friday, except Gazetted Holiday(s)) or contact the Controller of Examinations, ASRB, KAB – I, Pusa, New Delhi – 110012.
- Email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Frequently Asked Question (FAQ)
Question: What is the date of the ASRB ICAR NET exam?
Answer: The ASRB ICAR NET exam is on August 23-27, 2021.
Question: How can I apply for ASRB ICAR NET?
Answer: Candidates are required to apply online using the application form link available on the website i.e. http://www.asrb.org.in and http://www.icar.org.in only.
Question: What are the eligibility criteria of ASRB ICAR NET?
Answer: Master’s degree from a recognized Institute/Board or equivalent.
Question: What will be the mode of form filling?
Answer: The application form has to be filled in Online mode only.
Question: Can I change the choice of the examination center after submitting the application form?
Question: How many choices of preference I need to submit for Exam Center?
Answer: Candidates may select two (02) centers in order of their preference.
Question: How many times a candidate can attempt ASRB ICAR NET?
Answer: There is no restriction on the number of attempts for appearing in the ASRB ICAR National Eligibility Test.
Question: What is the age limit for ASRB ICAR NET?
Answer: Candidate must have attained the age of 21 years. There is no upper age limit for the National Eligibility Test.