Delhi Police Constable: The Staff Selection Commission(SSC) has released the notification for SSC Delhi Police Constable for 5846 vacancies. The application form has been released and will be available up to September 07, 2020. As of now, no new notification for the SSC Delhi Police constable 2020. Candidates can get recent updates related to Delhi Police Constable recruitment through ssc.nic.in and delhipolice.nic.in. For more details about Delhi Police Constable 2020 Application Form, Eligibility Criteria, Exam Pattern, Syllabus keep reading this article.
To get the fastest exam alerts and government Jobs alerts in India, join our Telegram Channel
Delhi Police Constable
The Staff Selection Commission will conduct an open competitive examination for recruitment of Constable (Executive) Male and Female in Delhi Police as per the Memorandum of Understanding signed between Delhi Police and the Staff Selection Commission. Candidates from all parts of the country will be eligible to apply. The selection will be purely merit basis.
|Application Form||Click Here|
|Candidate Login||Click Here|
|Official Notification||Hindi || English|
The important dates regarding the SSC Delhi Police Constable are provided below:
|Delhi Police Constable||Dates|
|Date of Submission of Online Applications||01 Aug 2020|
|Last Date for Receipt of Applications||07 Sep 2020|
|Last Date of Online Fee Payment||09 Sep 2020|
|Last Date of Offline Challan||11 Sep 2020|
|Last Date for Payment Through Challan||14 Sep 2020|
|Date of Computer Based Examination||27 Nov to 14 Dec 2020|
|Declaration of Result||To be Notified Later!!|
Delhi Police Constable Vacancy Details
The details of the vacancies are as follows:
10% vacancies are reserved for Ex-servicemen in each category of Constable (Exe.) male. Out of the 10% quota meant for Ex-servicemen, half, i.e. 50% of such quota, have been reserved for the categories of Ex-servicemen.
The Commission will make a selection of candidates pursuant to the vacancies reported by Delhi Police. The Commission does not have any role in deciding the number of vacancies. Implementation of reservation policy, maintaining reservation roster and earmarking of vacancies for different categories comes under the domain of Delhi Police.
Delhi Police Constable Eligibility Criteria
Nationality: Candidates must be a citizen of India.
Age Limit: 18-25 years as on 01-07-2020. Candidates should not have been born earlier than 02-07-1995 and later than 01-07-2002.
Essential Qualification (as on 07-09-2020):
- 10+2 (Senior Secondary) passed from a recognized Board.
- Educational qualification is relaxable up to 11th passed for the: sons/ daughters of serving retired or deceased Delhi Police Personnel/ MultiTasking Staff of Delhi Police, and Bandsmen, buglers, mounted constables, drivers, dispatch riders, etc. of Delhi Police only.
Delhi Police Constable Application Form
The application form for Delhi Police Constable 2020 has released on the official website as per the schedule. However, applications received without the prescribed fee were not be considered and summarily rejected. And, no representation against such rejection was entertained. Fee once paid was not refunded under any circumstances nor it was adjusted against any other examination or selection.
Application Fee & Mode of Payments
- Fee payable: Rs.100/- (Rupees One Hundred only).
- Mode of Payments: BHIM UPI, Net Banking, or by using Visa MasterCard, Maestro RuPay Credit, or Debit cards or in cash at SBI Branch by generating SBI Challan.
- Women candidates and candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes (SC), Scheduled Tribes (ST) and Ex-servicemen (ESM) eligible for reservation are exempted from paying the fee.
How to apply
- Applications are required to be submitted in online mode only at the official website of SSC Headquarters i.e. ssc.nic.in.
- Before proceeding with One-time Registration, keep the following information/ documents ready:
- Mobile Number (to be verified through OTP).
- Email ID (to be verified through OTP).
- Aadhaar Number. If Aadhaar Number is not available, please give one of the following ID Numbers: Voter ID Card or PAN or Passport or Driving License or School/ College ID or Employer ID (Govt./ PSU/ Private).
- Candidates are advised in their own interest to submit online applications much before the closing date and not to wait till the last date to avoid the possibility of disconnection/ inability or failure to login to the SSC website on account of heavy load on the website during the closing days.
- Scanned color passport size recent photograph in JPEG format (20 KB to 50 KB). Image dimension of the photograph should be about 3.5 cm (width) x 4.5 cm (height). Applications with a blurred photograph will be rejected.
- Scanned signature in JPEG format (10 to 20 KB). Image dimension of the signature should be about 4.0 cm (width) x 3.0 cm (height). Applications with blurred signature will be rejected.
- The commission does not accept any responsibility for the candidates not being able to submit their applications within the last date on account of the aforesaid reasons or for any other reason beyond the control of the Commission.
Delhi Police Constable Admit Card
Delhi Police Constable Admit Cards will be available 3-7 days before the examination on the website of concerned Regional/ Sub-Regional Office. Candidates must check that all the details mentioned in the admit card are correct, and in case of any discrepancy contact the officials as soon as possible. It must be remembered that it is necessary to bring the Delhi Police Constable Admit Card at the exam center on the day of the exam.
Delhi Police Constable Exam Pattern
The examination will consist of a Computer Based Examination, Physical Endurance, and Measurement Test (PE&MT) followed by the Medical Examination of the recommended candidates.
The dates of examinations indicated in the Notice are tentative. Any change in the schedule of examinations will be informed to the candidates only through the website of the Commission.
The Computer-based examination will consist of one objective type multiple choice paper containing 100 questions carrying 100 marks, with the following composition.
- Test Language: The computer-based examination will be conducted in English and Hindi only.
- Negative Marking: There will be negative marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer.
|Subject||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks||Time Duration|
|General Knowledge/ Current Affairs||50||50||90 Minutes|
Physical Endurance and Measurement Test (PE&MT)
Standard of Physical Endurance and Measurement Tests are as follows:
For Male Candidates
Physical Endurance Test for Male candidates: Standard of Physical Endurance Test for male candidates including ex-servicemen and Departmental candidates (age-wise) will be as under:
|Age||Race: 1600 Meter||Long Jump||High Jump|
|Up to 30 years||6 Minutes||14 Feet||3’9”|
|Above 30 to 40 years||7 Minutes||13 Feet||3’6”|
|Above 30 to 40 years||8 Minutes||12 Feet||3’3”|
hose candidates who qualify in the race will be eligible to appear in Long jump and then High Jump. The Long Jump and High Jump are to be cleared in any one of the three chances given to a candidate. There shall be no appeal against disqualification in the race, Long jump & High jump.
Standard of Physical Measurement for Male candidates: Physical Measurement Test will be taken only of those candidates who qualify the Physical Endurance Tests. Standard of Physical Measurements are as follows:
- Height: Minimum 170 cm, relaxable by 5 cm for residents of Hill areas, ST candidates and sons of serving, retired or deceased Delhi Police personnel/ Multi-Tasking Staff of Delhi Police.
- Chest: 81 cm with a minimum of 4 cm expansion, relaxable by 5 cm for residents of Hill areas, ST candidates and sons of serving, retired or deceased Delhi Police personnel/ Multi-Tasking Staff of Delhi Police.
For Female Candidates
Physical Endurance Test for Female candidates: Standard of Physical Endurance Test for female candidates including Departmental candidates (agewise) will be as under:
|Age||Race: 1600 Meter||Long Jump||High Jump|
|Up to 30 years||8 Minutes||10 Feet||3’|
|Above 30 to 40 years||9 Minutes||09 Feet||2’9”|
|Above 30 to 40 years||10 Minutes||08 Feet||2’6”|
The female candidates, who are pregnant, at the time of PE&MT, will not be allowed to participate in Physical Endurance Test. Their test will be conducted after “the period of confinement” and till then the result of such candidates will be kept in a sealed cover and the vacancies will be kept in reserve.
Standard of Physical Measurement for Female candidates: Physical Measurement Test will be taken only of those candidates who qualify the Physical Endurance Tests. Standard of Physical Measurements are as follows:
- Height: Minimum 157 cm, relaxable by 5 cm for residents of Hill areas, ST candidates and sons of serving, retired or deceased Delhi Police personnel/ Multi-Tasking Staff of Delhi Police.
The candidates should be in a sound state of health, free from defect/ deformity/ disease, vision 6/12 without glasses both eyes, free from color blindness, and without any correction like wearing glasses or surgery of any kind to improve visual acuity. Free from defect, deformity or disease likely to interfere with the efficient performance of the
duties. No relaxation is allowed/ permissible to any category of candidates on this count.
Delhi Police Constable Answer Keys
Tentative Answer Keys for the Computer Based Examination will be placed on the Commission’s website after the Examination. Candidates may go through the Answer Keys and submit representations, if any, on payment of Rs 100/- per question within the time limit given by the Commission through on-line modality only. Any representation
regarding Answer Keys received within the time limit fixed by the Commission at the time of uploading of the Answer Keys will be scrutinized before finalizing the Answer Keys and the decision of the Commission in this regard will be final. No representation regarding Answer Keys shall be entertained later.
Delhi Police Constable Result
The result of the Delhi Police Constable 2020 exam will be declared on official websites as per the schedule. Candidate can check the result from the official website i.e ssc.nic.in.
On the basis of aggregate marks scored by the candidates in Computer Based Examination, a provisional select list of candidates, in each category namely, UnReserved, SC, ST, OBC, EWS, and ex-servicemen will be made separately for male and female candidates.
All the candidates shortlisted on the basis of their performance in the Computer Based Examination and who qualify all the events of PE&MT (i.e. race, long/ high jump and physical measurement) are required to appear for Document Verification along with the photocopies and original documents.
Delhi Police Constable Selection Procedure
The recruitment process will consist of Computer Based Examination (CBE), Physical Endurance and Measurement Test (PE&MT) and Medical Examination of finally selected candidates.
All candidates whose online applications are found to be in order will be called to appear in the Computer Based Examination. The Commission will conduct the examination for all candidates in Computer Based Mode only. Admission Certificates for Computer Based Examination will be uploaded on the website of the concerned SSC Regional Offices.
Candidates will be shortlisted category-wise on the basis of their merit in the Computer Based Examination for appearing in PE&MT. The number of candidates shortlisted for PE&MT on the basis of their merit in the Computer Based examination will be around 12 times the number of vacancies.
The candidates scoring below-mentioned cut-off marks (normalized) will be considered eligible for short-listing to the next stage i.e. PE&MT:
- Unreserved: 35
- SC/ ST/ OBC/ EWS: 30
- ESM: 25
Pay Scale: Pay Level-3 (Rs 21700- 69100)
Delhi Police Constable Frequently Asked Questions(FAQs)
Q.What is the exam date of the SSC Delhi Police Constable 2020?
Ans: The CBT exam will be conducted from December 11 to 13, 2019.
Q.How do I access the site to fill up the online application?
Ans: Candidates can apply online for the Examinations by accessing the online portal of SSC i.e. ssc.nic.in.
Q. What are the application fees of the Delhi Police Constable?
Ans: The application fees of the Delhi Police Constable is Rs.100/- (Rupees One Hundred only) for General/OBC. and Women’s/SC/ST/Ex-serviceman- exempted.
Q.What is the selection process of Delhi Police Constable?
Ans: The selection process of Delhi Police Constable 2020 is on the basis of their performance in CBT, candidates will be shortlisted for appearing in Physical and Medical Examination.
Q.What is the eligibility criteria of Delhi Police Constable?
Ans: 10+2 (Senior Secondary) passed from a recognized Board.
Q. Is there any age limit of the SSC Delhi Police Constable 2020?
Ans: Yes, the age limit must be between 18 and 25 years.
Q.In which format the scanned photograph and signature?
Ans: The images of the photograph and signature should be scanned in the .jpg or .jpeg format only.
Q.How can I upload my signatures/photograph?
Ans: The scanned photograph and signature in the format and the specification which has already been explained above is to be uploaded.
Q. What is the exam pattern of the Delhi Police Constable?
Ans: The examination will consist of an MCQ of 100 marks.
Q. What is the test duration of the SSC Delhi Police Constable 2020?
Ans: The test duration of the Delhi Police Constable is 90 minutes.
Q. Is there any negative marking in SSC Delhi Police Constable?
Ans: Yes, there will be negative marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer in Paper-I & Paper-II.